Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Biggest On The Job Screwup EVER

HeyBub wrote:

I think the stock market is doing well because business are still making a
profit, although a much smaller profit than before. These businesses,
however, are not SPENDING their profits on new plants, equipment, or
employees due to the monumental uncertainty in the financial markets. So,
they distribute a significant portion of these accrued profits as dividends.
These increased dividends make the stocks more valuable.

I think one reason stocks are doing well because they look like the most
convenient hedge against inflation: They might preserve the "real
value" of the investment (whereas money in the bank is sure to lose
value to inflation). Of course, they might not too! Have fun.