Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
George Herold[_2_] George Herold[_2_] is offline

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

On Oct 5, 6:20*am, Roderick Stewart
wrote:
In article de99517e-e5e1-4f9d-91e0-

, George Herold wrote:
And that s it. *Repeated on and off means that the thin region has a
higher average temperature than the thick part of the filament. *It
evaporates faster and fails sooner.

Won't a thin region of a lamp filament have a higher temperature than
the rest of it all the time, not just when the lamp is turning on?

Rod.
--

Hmm, sure, maybe... I really have no idea. But I can't remember ever
seeing a bulb fail after being on for a while. (I'm sure it must

Say does Don Klipstein still lurk here? He may have some info on turn-
on failure.

http://donklipstein.com/

George H.