Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
George Herold[_2_] George Herold[_2_] is offline

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

On Oct 4, 5:05*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:57:21 -0700 (PDT), George Herold

wrote:
Hi Jeff, Phil. * First I know nothing about incandescent bulbs.

I'm still learning (mostly from my mistakes).

It's definitely my mistakes that have taught me the most.

(my latest f-up had to do with short ultrasonic pulses,
and 1/4 wavelength anti-reflection wave-plates...)

I've no problem with your marquee story. Sometimes folk-tales about
rocks falling from the sky are correct.
The data point I offer to Phil is that bulbs fail when you turn them
on. I see no reason why that can't be 'played backwards'. There most
be some GE, Philips, (other) report that documents turn on failure.

George H.

I blundered across this video on tungsten filaments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGqBb3iZPo *3:38
While it doesn't touch any of the issues previously mentioned, it does
include some interesting info on how the filament is made and its
structure.

--
Jeff Liebermann * *
150 Felker St #D * *http://www.LearnByDestroying.com