Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Just HOW does one clean a paint brush?

clipped

We used to use that Easy-Off Window Cleaner to remove stubbron OLD
wall paper from the lathe and plaster walls. We're talking something
like 4-6 layers of papers and a rented steamer just was a mess and
humid. The window cleaner's compound just cut through the paper and
down into the glues and the layers simply slid off the wall, but..left
the glues intact, so there was still an icky clean up required.

My method for wallpaper is to "cut" the surface (vinyl or otherwise)
with very coarse sandpaper, going across the wall. Spray with warm
water, soak a while (generally a cig and cuppa coffee), spray, soak,
then start peeling and scraping. It is technically primitive, very
messy but it works. New house only has a couple of borders.

One of the very ungliest homes I have ever seen (images on line) had red
and green wallpaper and border in EVERY FREAKING ROOM...different papers
above/below. It would take a strong person about 20 years to get rid of
it. Next ugliest thing, which seems to be a huge seller, is
overstuffed, furry sofa/love seats. Nasty )