Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Just HOW does one clean a paint brush?

On Oct 4, 8:45*am, Norminn wrote:
Don't know, never had such an issue, but....first coat dissolved some
glue which sucked water from the paint and kept it from curing. *Second
coat dissolved the glue/paint again with partially cured globs.

When latex paint first came out, my mom used it over wallpaper in a
bedroom. *The wallpaper shortly started coming off the wall...kind of
like a Laurel & Hardy job...mom kept sticking it back up. *Mom won (as
usual) )

Your description sounds like exactly what happened. Because the paint
out on true raw wood, or on a section of plastic trim did not exhibit
any of these problems.

We used to use that Easy-Off Window Cleaner to remove stubbron OLD
wall paper from the lathe and plaster walls. We're talking something
like 4-6 layers of papers and a rented steamer just was a mess and
humid. The window cleaner's compound just cut through the paper and
down into the glues and the layers simply slid off the wall, but..left
the glues intact, so there was still an icky clean up required.