Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air conditioners

My guess was also TXV. They could have pumped the charge into the condensing
unit, and put in the new TXV. Filter drier right before the TXV.

Calling it a TXV valve (thermostatic expansion valve valve) makes as much
sense as asking for the VIN number of a vehicle (Vehicle identification
number number). Or, the USPS service, the Unted States Postal Service
Service.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
On Oct 3, 10:20 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
If you have a chance, please tell us what was the part they replaced.

I wouldn't be surprise to find out it was a TXV valve.
And that it was caused by clogging from improper
installation, eg not running nitrogen when brazing.
And that they screwed it up a second time.

But just speculating, I agree it would be good to
know what it was, if any of it was covered under
warranty, etc. With a system just 6 years old you
would hope that whatever is wrong it would either
be a reasonable cost to fix or else covered under
warranty.