Posted to alt.home.repair
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default recommended free news servers for text only

On 03 Oct 2012, a forger wrote in alt.home.repair:

AIOE is no different than eternal september when it comes to the
"quality" of posts, or those that do the posting.

Having an authenticated user-name and password obtained by using a
throw-away e-mail address and being able to change your posting
identity at will makes ES equivalent to AIOE.

The parent of this message is a forgery - it wasn't written by me.

Eternal-september can identify the account of anything posted through
their service. Forgers are explicitly forbidden by their terms of
service, and abusers can and have had their accounts closed. This
doesn't prevent all abuse, as is obvious from the forgery of me, but it
helps keep a lid on it and it shows that they care.

aioe does not explicitly forbid any particular abuse behavior, and
since they can't accurately identify abusers, they don't act on
complaints.

Eternal-september is a responsible usenet citizen. Aioe is a safe
harbor for abusers.