Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 14:48:40 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 10/3/2012 1:01 AM, MikeS wrote:
"Tom Biasi" wrote in message
On 10/2/2012 5:21 PM, jim stone wrote:
Not being able to find a small internet radio to buy we liked, we got
mobile
phone with which we link with wi-fi to a modem router, and use it as an
internet radio.

Keeping the phoned plugged into its charger all the time, we are using it
play *all-day* background classical music through an amplifier and
speakers.

Since the phone has no 'moving parts' unlike a computer, we are wondering
if
this continuous playing all day of the phone is going to shorten its
working
life ?

Using anything shortens it's working life.

Seems to go against the whole ethos of exercising. Never get out of bed and
live forever ...

Be sure to use all ten fingers on the tv remote, make them last longer.

The TV, the remote, or the fingers?