Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Default No moral justification for a graduated income tax structure

George Plimpton wrote:

On 10/3/2012 2:05 PM, wrote:
On Oct 3, 3:20 pm, Hawke wrote:

I can't believe you would expect a robust recovery after the worst
recession in our history. But that does tell me that you don't have a
very strong grasp about economics or about history. Why you would think
it would only take three years to have a robust recovery after the
terrible recession we just had is hard to understand. The last time
things were this bad was in the 1930s and it took over 13 years to get a
robust recovery. Thinking anyone would turn around our economic mess in
little more than three years really takes a Pollyanna. No one who
understands economics would think that.

Hawke

If you knew much about economics, you would know that the recoveries
are usually stronger after deeper recessions.

Exactly. I already told him that, but because he's a) stupid and b) too
wedded to ideologically driven dogma, he'll never understand.

Here is my prediction: Romney will get elected and
four years from now you and Dan will be making the
same sort of lame and dumb excuses about why the economy
has not yet recovered and why unemployment is still
high.