Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT This is the reason I hate the public enforcing the law

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 18:18:27 +0100, SteveW wrote:

... with no acess for a spanner or normal socket; only a long-reach
socket would do - I have them and I'm sure that many others on here do,
but how many ordinary drivers would?

These days most ordinary drivers would just take it to a garage or
dealers or wait for the next service/MOT. As some one else hinted at to
many a car has a go pedal, a stop pedal, some have another pedal you have
to press at the same time as waggling a stick, a round thing to make it
point in the right direction and a hole to put fuel in. That is all they
know.

To be fair, it's all to crowded and complicated.

I have done many jobs back in the 80's: head off and grind valves, serveral
carb overhauls and retunes, electrical mods, brakes, suspension etc.

But there is now so much crap and a good deal is very hard to get at/needs
tools/needs computer to key in a new module that noone bothers doing
anything.

--
Tim Watts
Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/