Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis[_2_] jloomis[_2_] is offline

Default Conceptual-Tree House

Dave's Folly:

I understand.
Although I always, in my mind, question some clients ambitious projects,
I am the "band" so to speak and not the dancer.
I think it may be their childhood dream, and yes, they do live in quite a
tree covered
acreage.

I am wondering, if I do get the job, and if I do, how to price it, and
figure time into it.

Here is a Web Page Article that they wanted me to review for ideas:
The Crystal River Tree House, Built By Green Line Architects And David
Rasmussen (PHOTOS)
Google this and you will see what they are aiming for.
John

"Dave in Texas" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message ...

Client wants a tree house built, and not attached to trees.......
This is a simple 1" to 1ft. scale model of a prototype.
Also the Redwoods are very dense, and I cannot dig a footing,
so I may have to put in a slab of concrete.....or post type anchors......???
hummmm.
john

In 1991 I laid awake many nights building this in my head and trying
NOT to put a nail or screw in this big live oak. In fact, there is not a
single nail anywhere in it. There are lots of galvanized hex head and
carriage bolts and nuts. And, nowhere does it touch the tree.
My son was five that year. He almost never went up there.
I realized I had built it for myself.

About ten years ago we got a new next-door neighbor whose two sons were
seven and ten. I gave it to him for the price of disassembling it. He's
gone now and [unfortunately] rents the house. But he fort still stands in
the back yard next door. Dave's Folly.

Dave in Texas