Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

Just like not using it does in fact.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Tom Biasi" wrote in message
On 10/2/2012 5:21 PM, jim stone wrote:
Not being able to find a small internet radio to buy we liked, we got
mobile
phone with which we link with wi-fi to a modem router, and use it as an
internet radio.

Keeping the phoned plugged into its charger all the time, we are using it
play *all-day* background classical music through an amplifier and
speakers.

Since the phone has no 'moving parts' unlike a computer, we are wondering
if
this continuous playing all day of the phone is going to shorten its
working
life ?

Using anything shortens it's working life.