Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Thank You for the replies.

jloomis wrote:
I agree.
I would want to somehow not build it to fail either.
We do get winds, 120 mile per hr.
We do get earthquakes.......? WHEN

But I do not want to over build.
Pressure Treated posts with screw anchors would be fine.
I am thinking of simple, sturdy alternatives....
without the scar of footers and such....
John

Well - now it's time for my thoughts... so an earthquake comes along. Is
that tree house really your biggest concern? Why in the world would you
build a tree house with earthquake standards in mind? Ok - I'll ask
again... Why? It's a doggoned treehouse. So it blows over in a 120mhp
wind. Again - it's a damned tree house. Everything around it is going to
be gone at that point, or enough damage will have been done that will that
tree house really matter?

--

-Mike-