Posted to alt.home.repair
BobMCT BobMCT is offline

Default Small light cordless drill with light

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 19:17:07 -0700, Daniel Prince
wrote:

BobMCT wrote:

Less that a year ago I was looking for the same type of tool as you. I
finally selected a Bosch PS31-2A 12V Lion. I've owned and used
several drill drivers over the years and so far this is the handiest
and best one I've owned.

This drill has a 3/8-inch sleeveless chuck. I do not know what a
sleeveless chuck is. Can it use standard drill bits?

Yes, of course. It has a standard twist chuck so any shaft 3/8" or
smaller can be held firm. I think the unit came with a releasing hex
insert that one secures in the chuck then inserts bits, drivers,
drills etc for use. Then with a simple one short slide of the locking
mechanism the insert can be pulled out and a different one inserted.
For me it makes switching back and forth between flat and phillips
screw bits almost instant when working with both at the same time. I
also purchased a set of hex end drill bits that fit easily into this
lock holder. I couldn't be happier with this solution.

Good luck.