Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default How to glue rubber to steel

On Sunday, September 2, 2012 10:08:05 PM UTC-4, Jennifer Murphy wrote:
I have a very old, but lovable children's table and chair set. The table

and the chairs have heavy metal legs, which look like steel and appear

to be solid (not tubes). Each one has a little white cap or foot made of

(I think) rubber. Some of the feet are cracked or split and some are

just loose. I have tried taping them, but it doesn't last and looks

awful.

Is there a glue that will permanently stick these rubber feet to the

metal legs? I have some T-88, but the list it works on does not include

either metal or rubber.

Thanks

My brother and his wife are into the 50's look for their kitchen and have the tables and chairs with that type of rubber feet. I think he got his at the BIG STORE. Cant imagine why you wouldn't want to replace them.