Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Problems with hot water since fitting shower mixer valve.

On 02/10/2012 19:08, MarkG wrote:
OK, picked up a pressure gauge from PlumbCentre, measured 4Bar on cold
side and 3.3Bar on the hot side.

So it's below the 5Bar limit, which is good, so the question is, would a
0.7bar difference in pressure cause this sort of problem? Seems like a
VERY picky thermostatic mixer, or is this perfectly normal?

That's strange, with all the taps off, I would expect the static
pressure to be the same on both the hot and the cold if they are both
"powered" by the incoming mains supply.

In the PDF you linked to, it shows a non return valve, are you able to
see if this is actually present on the unit you have?

I asked earlier if the pipes were connected the correct way around, are
they (do you get hot water from the shower if the mixer is set to hot only?)

--
Toby...
Remove pants to reply