Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default How to cut a 4" round hole in soffit - no hole saw.

In article ,
Jon Danniken wrote:

On 10/02/2012 08:19 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Bill wrote:

Workers also use PPE or "Personal Protective Equipment" to protect
themselves from being injured. Respirators when painting, eye
protection, ear protection, safety harnesses attached to ropes so if
they fall, the rope will hold them up, etc.

Michael Vick is wearing a kevlar vest to protect his ribs.

Yeah I heard that last night, and it puzzled me. Kevlar is very good
for stopping object penetration without the weight penalty, but what
kind of penetration is it intended to prevent when used as a ribcage
protector?

Jon

I assume it isn't to prevent penetration, but simply to distribute, over
a wider area, any shock from a blow to the ribs.