Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default air conditioners

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'll admit, I've not worked with the new 410A. But, I figure higher
pressures mean more likely leaks, and harder working compressors. As such,
agree with you. I'll stick with the old stuff as long as possible.
Eventually, the price of refrigerant will go up, and we'll have to change
over. But, the old R-22 will be available for several more years.

I do not work in that field, but from what I have read, I do not think you
can buy a full r-22 system now.

I think there are some of the parts around and they can be pieced
together. That I would not do. I much perfer just getting a matching
system. That way if it fails under warrenty there is only one finger to
point and that is at the person the system was bought from.