Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How to cut a 4" round hole in soffit - no hole saw.

On Oct 1, 8:35*pm, (Larry W) wrote:
Perhaps you can just cut a rectangular or any other convenient shape hole,
then cover it with a piece of wood that you've cut the hole in while on
the ground.

--
* * There is always an easy solution to every human problem -- neat,
* * plausible, and wrong." * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *(H L Mencken)

* * *Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf. lonestar. org

The problem is no longer about cutting the hole, now it's about
getting ductwork into the interior of the soffit.

The rafters come down at an angle (obviously) and the wood for the
soffit goes up a slightly less angle. The space between the rafters
and the "bottom" of the soffit on the inside is less than I need to
get any kind of elbow in there. I need to look for some flat ductwork
or have something made up.

I've got a good roofing contractor that I can talk to about it. I may
even have him do it and be done with the project.