Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Generators Revisited

Atila Iskander wrote:

At about $600 for the generator, you can buy a bigger one and a
separate conversion kit for less and be able to run either NG, LP or
gasoline More flexibility for the same price.

What is the recommended pipe diameter to feed a generator using natural gas?
I suspect 1/4" would be too small, but would 1" be overkill?

I found a NG space heater at an auction ($10) and that's providing the
incentive to re-plumb a gas line to supply the master bedroom. While I'm at
that task, it would be straightforward to extend the new gas line around the
house corner to the vicinity of the electrical distribution system where I
plug in my generator.