Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air conditioners

On Oct 1, 6:24*pm, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Where do you get your R-12? I run into boxes that use it, now and again..
Havn't seen it for sale, in ten plus years.

He probably typoed it. *R-22 is for the house and r-12 is for the cars. Or
maybe I should have said was.

Yes, my bad. I meant R-22. Essential point is that it's
still available and if her system has a leak that is easily
repairable there is no reason that it can't be fixed and
re-charged. Could be as simple as a leaking schrader
valve. On the other hand, if it's an evaporator that's shot
you would think being only 6 years old that would still
be under warranty....