Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New dwelling surprises :-)

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 08:09:44 +0100, chris French wrote:

We had a room thermostat in the hall that didn't seem to function.

The central heating thermostat when we moved in here was in the utility
room. The coldest room in the place also no radiator... There was no
zoning at all so two HW cylinders on gravity loops and a single pump for
the two central heating loops. One of the first thing I did was make into
a four independent time and thermostatically controlled zone system.

The previous owners said that the Baxi Burnall open fire place would get
through coal or wood at a phenomenal rate. Well it would the under grate
butterfly damper plate had fallen apart so there was no air supply
restriction at all and the external feed to that is on the exposed (high)
pressure side of the house. Talk about blown fires for melting metal?

The shower mixer in the bathroom was seized solid, never bothered fixing
that as the (70's) bathroom was going to go. It finally did last year...

The electrics had four final circuits: ring main, cooker, immersion and
lighting. Wired fuses of course. IIRC the garage socket came off the
cooker fuse and the garage light off the immersion.

--
Cheers
Dave.