Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Noisy gutters in the sun

Angle grinders would keep Brian awake even more than creaking gutters,
I'd suggest. :-)

You need either to stop them sliding one against another - e.g. (as TNP
suggests, glue them) - or allow sliding to occur without creaking. Maybe
disassemble and put some silicone grease on them?

Other possibility is that the temperature difference is greater simply
because they are covered in black muck - which abosrbs heat better. So
simply thoroughly cleaning them might help?

On 02/10/2012 12:07, Mr Pounder wrote:
Angle grinder.

"Brian wrote in message
Now my plastic gutters have been up for some years, and I had them done by
a professional. OK they tend to crackle a little bit in the sun, but just
recently the crackling is more like loud cracks at variable intervals and
if I'm attempting to catch up on sleep during the day its very um
awakening. Is there anything I can do to quieten them?

Brian

Email:

Rod