Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Rant: Banks that only let you see the last few transactionsonline

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 05:36:08 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

On Friday, 28 September 2012 10:40:35 UTC+1, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 01:29:19 +0100

Frank Erskine wrote:

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 23:47:43 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"

wrote:

On 27 Sep 2012 21:28:15 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

I still have my Trustee Savings Bank pass book. Apparently I

still have £1 6s 0d in it - last entry late 1966.

No who took over the Trustee Savings Bank? Lloyds? They still
ought

to pay you the £1.30 plus interest...

But I only get a measly 7 years 'all my data'!

That doesn't really surprise me, you only *have* to keep records
for

that long.

Somewhere I think I still have a Post Office Savings Bank account
with

something like 1/6d deposited.

There must be a bit of interest accumulated since then, especially

during the 80s...

I dug my old book out last year, and sent it off for a refund. It
had

interest added, and I was reimbursed.

--

Davey.

I've got one of those. I found out once where to send it, but Windows
crashed and I lost the information. But as my address and signature
have changed, I wonder if they'd give me the money anyway? It has
some sentimental value in bringing back childhood memories, so for
the moment I'm not too worried. I did cash in the National Savings
certificates that my mum must have scrimped and saved to buy me. A
not too insignificant sum, but inflation meant they were hardly the
nest-egg mum must have intended.

Chris

My address was different, but not my signature. Give it a try, if it
fails, you are no worse off than you are now. Your local Post Office
probably has the form and address where to send it.
You can always scan the book before you send it off, if you want to keep
the memory. Probably a good idea anyway.
--
Davey.