Posted to uk.d-i-y
cynic cynic is offline

Default The total bull**** that these *******s produce

On Sep 30, 6:53*am, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
"The world's first and only 100% pure convection heater"

What a load of ****ing cock. It would certainly be news to the makers
of the convection heater in my back room, which must be 20 years old.
Obviously, the technology goes back way further than that.

I drifted onto that site pursuing spares for oil-filled heaters[1];
anyway, one of their customers is another of those who can't seem to
grasp that ****ty little heaters aren't going to do much if you're
living in a draughty Kellog's box. Eventually, the penny dropped, "Oh,
maybe it's insulation needed, I think I might do that."

[1] Anyone know if I can fit a simple energy controller from an
electric cooker to control a 2~3kW panel heater? I'm fairly sure I
can, but if anyone's actually done it, it would be nice to hear of it.
Dimplex don't supply much in the way of spares for their older models
and frankly, the original control was/is ****. I have two panel
heaters, one still works, one's got a dead control.

I haven't got a catalogue to hand but RS components and no doubt most
of their competitors used to produce a solid state controller up to
3kW which did the same thing as the old simmerstats but with much
shorter mark/space cycle periods