Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Scrap value of large electric motors, vs. small motors

Ignoramus350 wrote:

To beat that, I will need to get a lot more money per unit on ebay,
since I need to store them, etc. Which I am not sure if I would get
that much.

Yeah, I certainly would not recommend hanging on to these beasts for
very long. If you don't find somebody quickly that needs such a unit,
the chance of one turning up later are really small. I was just mentioning
a couple industries that could use such a contraption.

If you go to the airport you'll see big boxes hanging under the
jetway ramps. One is an air conditioner for the plane. The other
is a combo 28 V DC power supply and either a motor-alternator set
or an electronic inverter.

Jon