Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Silicone release agent?

Old Git wrote:
On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:24:41 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 05:07:21 -0700 (PDT), GMM wrote:

It seem that this has involved squirting a big bead of silicone along
each mating surface, then closing the window until it goes off.

Any idea what they might have used as a release agent?

I've heard that cling film is good but not tried it.

Works a treat. My father refused to buy new windows, saying, "They
will outlast me" Turned out he was right on that score. I had to stay
in his house for nearly a year and got ****ed off with watching the
curtains billow out at 90deg and freezing to death.

Waited for a reasonably mild day and started early morning. Wrapped
the edges of the opening windows with cling film, put a bead of
silicone around the frames, closed the windows to almost shut and left
them like that for the rest of the day. When the silicone was about
set, off with the cling film and they worked a treat.

That is well worth knowing.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.