Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

Default Silicone release agent?

On Monday, October 1, 2012 3:28:40 PM UTC+1, stuart noble wrote:
On 01/10/2012 14:25, Baz wrote:

"GMM" wrote in message

At work, they've been draught-proofing the old windows. It seem that this

has involved squirting a big

bead of silicone along each mating surface, then closing the window until

it goes off. Good (if

temporary-feeling) idea for some locations as it moulds to the right

shape. Once cured, the silicone stays

on the one face.

They didn't do my area, so no chance to find out how it was done, but they

must have used some release

agent on the 'uncoated' face for this to work.

Any idea what they might have used as a release agent?

Washing Up Liquid.

Yes, or vaseline

This sounds like a cue for an experiment(!) Sure I have an open tube of silicone in the garage (I normally do) so I'll see who well either works ....