Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Geothermal heating -- worth considering?

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:

Don't you have it backwards? 10% for the rich down to 50% for the
less-rich? Wouldn't that act as an incentive to work harder, earn
more, move up?

I really don't get that philosophy of taxing the poor more than the
rich. Let us assume a worker earning now $50K/year and paying hardly
(if any) Federal income taxes. He is paying all kinds of other
taxes, though, and pays/buys rent, food, gas, and other necessities
of life. Now you want him to pay 50% of his income in federal taxes?
Where is that 25K going to come from? Or is in your scheme
everyone's income suddenly 25K greater? Who pays that?

Well, a) We're not talking about "other" taxes. b) He has many avenues
for extra money: He can get a better job. He can sell a kidney. Lots
of possibilities.

The other taxes are a fact of life, certainly here in the NE. How is he
going to get a better job? Where is that better job? Who is going to
educate him for the better job? Selling a kidney is a reprehensible idea
(my opinion). Moreover, it has been made impossible to do legally. We
aren't talking about $1.50 extra, but thousands of dollars. Each year.

snip

--
Best regards
Han