Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default Decking Material

In article , Bob
wrote:

Hello,

Thinking of redoing my Deck with possibly TREX, or just pressure treated
wood.

a. Are there different quality levels (and/or Brands) for the
usual pressure treated wood you see e.g., at HD ?

b. What type of pressure treated wood would I want to specify:
Pine, or...? Live in New England.

c. Any thoughts on TREX ?
Others to consider ?

d. How much more, approx., to go with TREX, or its competitors, vs the
pressure treated wood approach ?

Thanks,
Bob

Ipe is getting trendy. I have one friend who installed it and is happy
so far, but he's only had it about a year.

I'm not quite ready to go with a plastic deck, although I have a BIL who
just put TREX on a pretty large elevated deck this summer, and it
doesn't look too bad. It looks a bit less fake than the older stuff.