Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default moving gas meter

michael adams wrote:
"thevilla1" wrote in message
wow.. so much hatred...

all i wanna know is "is it a normal thread" and just tight as ****.

i know how to undo nuts... just never undone a nut on a gas meter
before.

anyone wanna just give me a yes or no answer.

If you need to ask, then you need to get an approve gas fitter to
do the work for you.

True. It is so easy to get it wrong with gas. The faulty work might not
show up until a few years after you did it, too.

If you don't know what you're doing and mess up the gas, potentially
you could kill yourself and your family and blow up half the street.
With lots of damages to be paid out of your estate if there's anything
left. And all to save a few quid.

Which is the reason I'll happily work on a Calor Gas installation in a
caravan, but for *any* other gas installation, I get a man in. Then it's
*his* liability insurance that gets hit if he gets it wrong.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.