Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Noisy TRV

Noisy valves seem to be an issue a lot. a place where I go has one in a
studio, and this means it has to be shut off during recordings. We call it
Hissing Sid, well we are little children at heart...
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Alan Braggins" wrote in message
In article , Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article 6,
DerbyBorn writes:
I have 3 noisy TRVs as they are fitted on the return instead of the
flow.
The instructions suggest this should be okay but they buzz as they
close.
Rather than change ends (requiring 4 joints to be disturbed on each rad)
is
there any disadvantage in rotating the valve to a horizontal plane -
thus
putting the flow onto the 'base' of the valve?

Should be fine.
Actually, it's a better mounting position for anyone who is going to
struggle to bend down to read the setting on the front - I recently
installed some in this position for an elderly relative for this
reason, so they can read the setting from above.

Some installation instructions also say it's a better position for the
sensor:
http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/xxNewsx...8ab022edb.html