Posted to uk.d-i-y
djornsk djornsk is offline

Default moving gas meter

On 01/10/2012 07:40, polygonum wrote:
On 01/10/2012 07:35, djornsk wrote:
On 30/09/2012 21:03, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/09/2012 16:24, Bill wrote:
In message , Phil L
writes
djc wrote:
You are a troll AICMFP

He's on diybanter, so it';s unlikely, any troll worth their salt would
have
a news account.

FWIW, the picture, as with all diybanter attachments, is ****e, mostly
just
a black box with a few highlights of paler shading here and there,
tiny and
with virtually no detail...message to the op, take another picture,
use the
flash, and upload it to tinypic

Shows a perfectly good picture of a gas meter to me, so good you can
even read the serial number.

I would suggest to the OP that it is the responsibility of his supplier
to work on the meter. Are domestic gas fitters allowed to work on a
meter? Let alone a DiYer that seems to be having problems with a simple
task. I imagined their responsibility only began after the meter. Could
anyone clarify?

While I doubt even a gas safe registered warm body is "allowed" to
relocate the meter, they are allowed to temporarily disconnect it and
reattach it. (sometimes easier to take the whole thing off (and cover up
its ports) prior to working on the consumers gas supply than using a
blanking disk etc)

We had a meter moved recently and the gas fitter pointed out an
endorsement on his Corgi ID which meant that he was authorised to carry
out meter work.

Not meaning to be pedantic as such, but are you saying Corgi as quick
shorthand? Or do you really mean Corgi? In which case, I thought that
all the authorisations were through Gas Safe now?

I'm sorry I stated corgi without thinking, it must have been gas safe
because this was less than a year ago. I believe he was there as a
subcontractor to the company which replaced and re-routed the exterior
underground pipe.