Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Braggins Alan Braggins is offline

Default Noisy TRV

In article , Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article 6,
DerbyBorn writes:
I have 3 noisy TRVs as they are fitted on the return instead of the flow.
The instructions suggest this should be okay but they buzz as they close.
Rather than change ends (requiring 4 joints to be disturbed on each rad) is
there any disadvantage in rotating the valve to a horizontal plane - thus
putting the flow onto the 'base' of the valve?

Should be fine.
Actually, it's a better mounting position for anyone who is going to
struggle to bend down to read the setting on the front - I recently
installed some in this position for an elderly relative for this
reason, so they can read the setting from above.

Some installation instructions also say it's a better position for the sensor:
http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/xxNewsx...8ab022edb.html