Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Tap tip please: swivelling spout reluctant to swivel

In article , Bert
Coules writes
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Anticipating that advice, I've dismantled it now and found a few rock-hard
black fragments between the sliding chrome-plated surfaces where the
moveable spout rests down against the body of the tap. Presumably there was
once an O-ring there which as you say should be replaced

This is where you go to your selection box of O-rings, bought from Aldil
the last time they were on sale[1] (cheaply at around 6quid) and find a
suitable replacement.

The selection box is useful, I have done similar recently and found the
correct diameter O-ring made the action on the spout a little stiff so I
used the size smaller, stretching it slightly and the reduction in
section made the fit just right. If you buy singles then maybe buy a
couple of sizes.

...lubricate with silicone grease...

Ah, I'll have to get some (and hope that it's available in small quantities)
unless there's an acceptable alternative which I already have.

It is, either in pot or tube and cheaply, see toolstation etc. Nowt else
will do either compatibility wise or potable water wise

[1] You did do that didn't you ;-)
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .