Posted to rec.woodworking
rlz rlz is offline

Default Work bench gloat

On Sep 30, 9:12*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
Went to an auction saturday. *Lots of mostly older stuff (woodworking
tools and a lot of KATY RR collectables). *I did pick up 10 pipe clamps
for a song, but the catch of the day was the table the RR stuff was on.
* For a mere $5 I got a solid OAK conference table 4' wide and 10 (yes
ten) feet long! *Took 4 of us to walk it on to my trailer. *Now, to
build a base......

--
Steve Barker

Sounds like a great fine to me. Congrats. My workbench is 4'x8". I
used 4x6 posts at the corners and made it so that it has two shelves
of 3/4" plywood. One shelf is where I have a bunch of plastic storage
totes. The other shelf is where I store excess lumber. So most of my
wood is actually under my workbench.

Enjoy your new top.

Rob