Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Scrap value of large electric motors, vs. small motors

Jon Elson wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Did you ever see any Microdyne or L3-Com telemetry receivers?

Mostly Nems-Clarke when I was there, which was 40 years ago.
I worked a summer for Defense Electronics Inc. which bought out
the Nems-Clarke name and most of the products from Vitro, I think.

I got to ride in the cab of the Advanced Data Acquisition System
while boresighting a CCTV camera. That one was an old Air Force
radar disk and was definitely run off 400 Hz hydraulics. I think
it was 60' diameter. Looks like they might have torn this down.

Microdyne was started by two engineers & a salesman who left Defense
Electronics about that time. One receiver at the cape had been in
continuous use for 30 years in 2000.