Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Scrap value of large electric motors, vs. small motors

Ignoramus23622 wrote:

NASA would not buy from me, that's the problem.

How do you know? If they have a million $ radar disk
and it needs a new frequency converter, I bet they might
buy from you, or anybody that had the right parts to keep it
running. I KNOW NASA is running a whole island full of
stuff they got from the Air Force from the DEW project
or something of similar date (late 50's to early 60's).
I'm sure they have maintenance headaches with that old
stuff. How you'd get in touch with them is another
story, of course. And, you never know when they's actually
NEED such an item. So, it was just a suggestion that
there ARE some outfits that actually have a use for gear
like that.

Jon