Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Scrap value of large electric motors, vs. small motors

On Sep 30, 2:39*pm, Gunner wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 22:32:45 -0500, Ignoramus23622

On 2012-09-30, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus23622 wrote:

I have several electric motor-like things, they are called
motor-generators. It is a motor paired to a generator.

If this has 400 Hz output, the aviation folks might be interested,
although 100 Hp is probably more than they need. *There are places
that run really heavy 400-Hz loads, however, such as where NASA
runs air force radar dishes for tracking radars and telemetry.

Just a thought,

Jon

NASA would not buy from me, that's the problem.

But..a NASA supplier would buy from you.

They would then take it, recert it..and then sell it to NASA

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli- Hide quoted text -

Hey Gummer...how come Ig is successful in surplus while you starving
at it, years behind on taxes and owing everyone alive?

May be being a conservative doesn't pay well?

TMT