Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis[_2_] jloomis[_2_] is offline

Default Thank You for the replies.

Yes, I will probably use sono tubes...
Trouble is the roots of the trees are nightmarish.
We will see how that goes.
No problem with frost here either.
Yes, I think a slab would not go well.
I thought about using "modular anchors" the type that screw into the ground,
and putting one of those in each sono tube.
Like the type the gas and electric uses to anchor guy wires with.
So, yes, there will be railings, and yes, a very rustic construction.
I would like to use "milled" redwood, that is 2" x6" and 6" x 6" etc. etc.
The kind that is rough, for the framing.....interior will be pressure
treated floor joist,
and 2x6 pine tongue and groove floor.
I would like to use that on the roof too.
Then a cedar wainscott, and sheetrock up the walls with a rough texture,
"hobbit style"
Of course I need some round/octagon/windows, and doors.
I would love to kant the walls outward......hummmm?
Use a tie strap around the top plate, and also a skylight on the ridge top.
Cedar shingles the exterior, and red comp roof, to give it a fairy tale
look.
What a project.
I still have to work out a budget....it is expensive.....
John

"jloomis" wrote in message ...

Client wants a tree house built, and not attached to trees.......
This is a simple 1" to 1ft. scale model of a prototype.
Also the Redwoods are very dense, and I cannot dig a footing,
so I may have to put in a slab of concrete.....or post type anchors......???
hummmm.
john