Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Conceptual-Tree House

"jloomis" wrote in message
Client wants a tree house built, and not attached to trees.......
This is a simple 1" to 1ft. scale model of a prototype.
Also the Redwoods are very dense, and I cannot dig a footing,
so I may have to put in a slab of concrete.....or post type
anchors......???
hummmm.
john

Interesting model. How did you make the stairs?

This reminds me of the old fire towers. I have seen a couple miniatures of
them. They had the stairs underneath them. Something like that would be
easier to build, I think. And the stairs need handrails! I know, it is
just a model.

Along the idea that it is a tower and not a tree house, I would build it as
a tower. And I would just get some of those circular concrete molds. Dig a
hole, put the form in and pour your cement. Again, as a tower, you want to
emphasize the "verticalness" of the structure. A slab would not look as
good or appear "as vertical" as a support that follows the vertical lines of
such a structure.

Take a look at how the old fire towers were built. That should give you
some ideas. And if you have six or eight corners on the structure on top,
you could have a leg underneath each corner. That would make it stronger
and give it more support. It would be a unique structure too.

Any way, my thoughts on the subject. I would make it strong and stable.
You are going to have lots of fun building the structure on top. Start at
the bottom and go from there. It looks like you will have to hand carry
every piece on this thing.