Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Multifunction/oscillating pwr tool

On 2012-09-29, Charlie+ wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 14:34:50 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote as underneath :

The only thing I have noticed is the high dollar tools are a bit quieter
in use.

This might well be right, my el cheapo is noisy as hell but mostly its'
only used when no other tool will do the job, but ear protection would
get over the problem fine for those times it is used if this was a real
problem. Havnt' used any big ticket version - so nothing to compare
with.

Back when I got mine (RIGID brand), Home Depot had a display
showing that and other similar ones which they also sold (and the other
accessory heads which come with the tool) so you can test them on real
wood. This was about a month before Christmas a couple of years ago.
You might ask whether your local Home Depot will have a similar
comparison display set up, so you can make up your own mind. Among
other heads for the RIGID were a right angle electric drill, and one
which works as a hammer to drive in reasonable sized nails in awkward
locations where you can't get proper access to swing a proper hammer. I
used it, among other things, for driving captive nails affixed to the
plastic outlet/switch boxes when the next stud over was too close.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564