Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default moving gas meter

On 30/09/2012 19:15, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
charles writes:
In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Phil L" wrote in message
djc wrote:
You are a troll AICMFP

He's on diybanter, so it';s unlikely, any troll worth their salt would
have a news account.

Actually diybanter would be an ideal site to troll, as most of them
wouldn't know what a troll was.

Many of the vomit forums /vomit I've read seem to have their fair
share of them.

As to the original question, presumably to move a gas meter
you'd need to disconnect the incoming supply pipe to the
meter, which as a DIY'er you'd have means of readily closing
it off. Which could prove interesting, for the neighbours
as well, even for non-smokers.

my gas supply has a shut off tap on the supply side of the meter. How else
could a meter be changed, even by the official people?

and then how would you suggest moving it to the new meter location?

Depends on how far it needs to go... the anaconda will allow a few
inches... Not sure I would fancy trying to alter the pipework before the
main stop tap though!

--
Cheers,

John.