Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell Nick Odell is offline

Default moving gas meter

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 12:51:27 +0000, thevilla1
wrote:

Hi folks.... yes i know...and i apologise up front... should be corgi
guy.. but they are asking a fortune to move the meter 3 foot!

This reminds me of the engineer who was called out to service a broken
down appliance, looked at it, hit it with a hammer whereupon it
started to work perfectly again, left and then sent in a bill for
£100.

£100, screamed the disgruntled customer. I'd like to see you justify
that in an itemised bill.

The itemised bill arrived the next day. It read: To hitting appliance
with hammer - £1. To knowing where to hit appliance with hammer, based
on forty years of training and experience - £99.

It seems to me that the "fortune" you are being asked to pay is the
same. It's the difference between a reliable job and the possibility
of this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11671916

And if it all goes wrong, you've got someone you can sue!

Nick