Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default More on electric cars.

On 30/09/2012 08:47, harry wrote:
On Sep 26, 10:56 pm, Andy Champ wrote:
On 26/09/2012 16:43, harry wrote:

Are you illiterate? Don't you read stuff? There are no energy running
costs with renewable energy sources.

So you don't have to lube the bearings on a windmill?

Besides as the equipment has a finite life it has to be amortized over
its operational lifetime, which certainly _feels_ like a running cost.

Andy

So how often do you change the oil in your car gearbox? How often do
you need a grease gun? Nil and nil very likely.

So happens the gearbox oil on both my car and my wife's was changed last
year - 60,000 miles IIRC.

As for the grease gun - well, I no longer do my own servicing, and I
can't tell you whether they have any grease points. I've had cars where
they are service items.

Andy