Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cement colourant with ordinary cement?

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:00:15 PM UTC+1, Harry Davis wrote:
Hello, I'm reconcreting a small front garden and considering colouring the

concrete, probably a pale yellow, using cement colourant.

Can someone tell me whether it's sensible to use cement colourant with

ordinary cheap cement, or does it really only do a good job with e.g.

Portland cement etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Harry

I thought portland was ordinary cement, OPC. Colouring pigment works with all cements, but if you want pale yellow or cream you'd need to start with white cement.

NT