Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Rant: Banks that only let you see the last few transactions online

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 10:19:49 +0100, stuart noble wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll try them v. soon (nearly the end of the
month).
The Date column sorts OK, as do all of the others with the exception of
Total; not only isn't it in the correct order for the new Date order but
it's not in anything logical at all.
If only I could predict the transactions I could keep the paper record to
match the xls file!

I just downloaded a Santander file in the xls format, and see that
things have improved since I last looked. Their date format is fine and
sorting all columns (B:H) by date was no problem.
Not sure what the "total" column is that you refer to.

Sorry, Balance (been doing gas, water and electric spreadsheets and, of
course, use Total in those.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away