Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The total bull**** that these *******s produce

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

[1] Anyone know if I can fit a simple energy controller from an
electric cooker to control a 2~3kW panel heater? I'm fairly sure I
can, but if anyone's actually done it, it would be nice to hear of it.
Dimplex don't supply much in the way of spares for their older models
and frankly, the original control was/is ****. I have two panel
heaters, one still works, one's got a dead control.

Not quite sure how that would be any better than a simple thermostat -
perhaps a remote one rather than part of the rad? Pretty well 100% of the
electricity the rad consumes is turned into heat, so how it is controlled
make little difference.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.