Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default More on electric cars.

On Sep 27, 8:13*pm, Andy Champ wrote:
On 27/09/2012 09:43, harry wrote:

On Sep 26, 5:05 pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In article
,

* harry wrote:
On Sep 26, 2:22 pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
* "Doctor *Drivel" wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message

All solar panels are 100% efficient as the energy you get is free.

No, on your calculation it would make the efficiency = infinity.

Once again the energy you get is FREE.

So is oil.

There is Capital costs in extracting the oil. *Some oil unviable. *Once
oil
is burnt it is gone. *Not the case with sunshine every dawn.

There is capital costs too with the solar panels, chump.
Are you illiterate? *Don't you read stuff? There are no energy running
costs with renewable energy sources.

No one maintains the windmills then? In particular the offshore ones,
subject to all that salt water? No one has to do maintenance on hydro
dams and their gennies? The Aussies won't have to maintain their
solar/molten salt setups, if they ever build them?

So somehow we have moved from maintaining PV solar panels to wind
turbines?

No-one maintains steam boilers?
No-one maintains oil rigs?
No-one maintains coal mines?

Look up the thread, Harry. *The point is because of the maintenance and
repair there are running costs for windmills and solar panels, so the
energy is not free even if you ignore the capital costs.

I don't think anyone has suggested that a fossil fuelled system has zero
running costs, because we all know they use fuel.

Andy

The point is the maintenance cost s for solar panels are virtually
zero,
The maintenance cost for wind turbines are very small compared with
boilers, IC engines. And the fuel cost is zero. And the emissions
are zero.