Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default Alkaline Battery Leak Cleanup

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:58:51 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:
You have insulted meine Vorvatern.

Some years back, a neighbor asked me to help troubleshoot his Volkswagen
Golf. He had the service manual for several models, and we were definitely
looking at the right model, but we could not trace one of the wires -- the
one that seemed to be causing the problem.

Finally applying the Holmesian rule that, once you're eliminated the
impossible, whatever remains must be true, I suggested we look at the
schematics for other models -- and lo and behold, it turned out that the one
for the Golf was the wrong schematic.

So much for "German precision".

If it's a machine and has moving parts, they're pretty good at stuff. If
it's more abstact, like with electricity in wires or software, they're
lost.

japanese companies seem completely unable to product working software
either for some reason, unless it's a video game.

How people are raised to think and operate seems to vary like crazy
between countries, even though nobody will admit it.

I've really wondered why this is the case. It's not like the rest of the
world only produces top notch softare, but it's all better overall.

weird russian software cracking utilities are made with more finesse than
some big ticket programs from Hitachi, a company with more money than the
russian mafia could even dream of defrauding from anybody. I'd run out of
fingers pointing out glaring errors or UI anomolies in just a 45 seconds
with this one program alone.

See the Whorf - Sapir hypothesis.

?-)